by JoAnna Rowe | Lakeshore Retail Marketing Manager
Are you excited yet overwhelmed by all the classroom decor options out there? Then you’ve come to the right place! We’ve browsed countless themes and color schemes to bring you the only list you need to decorate a classroom that’s fun and engaging for everyone.
Our collections are available in our stores only—so you can experience the colors and designs firsthand…and coordinate on the spot with Lakeshore’s friendly staff. Click here to find a store near you and plan your visit.
Pete the Cat Collection
Get your cool cats ready to learn with a Pete the Cat theme!Read More →
- Welcome students with a decorated door. We spruced up our door with a homemade Pete the Cat, musical notes and blank CDs!
- Play with color. We combined yellow and teal Fadeless® Paper to create a bold color scheme.
- Accent store-bought decor with handcrafted elements. We crafted giant buttons from paper plates and pipe stems. The buttons really brighten up our calendar and welcome board!
Woodland Friends Collection
Bring a touch of the outdoors into your classroom to inspire young imaginations!
- Add texture. We made bushes and trees out of tissue paper and layered a grassy border over the bulletin board.
- Incorporate personal touches. Have your students bring in photos to post on the bulletin board. We placed kids’ pictures over tent-themed bulletin board accents to bring our “happy campers” message to life.
Always in style, kindness is a great theme to incorporate into your classroom decor!
- Add a hands-on element to your bulletin board. Our bulletin board encourages kids to write ideas for showing kindness. We even added little buckets to collect their ideas! To attract kids’ eyes, we selected a vibrant Rustic Pencils Border and used Superbright Tagboard for the message.
- Use leftover materials to create finishing touches! We designed a banner using leftover tagboard and hung it over the bulletin board.
- Display books related to your theme. We used Neon Connect & Store Book Bins and Plastic Book Baskets to create an inviting display of books about kindness.
STEM thinking will come naturally to the whole class with this decorating theme!
- Create a bulletin board that inspires. Our bright bulletin board reminds kids to use STEM thinking. Plus, kids go crazy for the scientist with wacky hair! We even set out a write & wipe board for displaying a STEM question of the day.
- Provide design materials to encourage creative thinking. Place miscellaneous materials in your STEM area so students can make their own inventions. You can even teach students the basics of the design process with our Design & Play STEAM Kits, which allow kids to create, customize and test real-working vehicles.
Dr. Seuss Collection
A classic Dr. Seuss theme never fails to make kids smile!
- Stretch your bulletin board sets. We started with the Dr. Seuss Giant Cutout Bulletin Board Set and added lite blue Fadeless® Paper, a Poppy Red Chevron Border and tissue-paper flowers. We even cut out our own letters to create on-theme messages!
- Help kids get to know each other! Using the Dr. Seuss School Selfie set, we created a bulletin board to help kids learn who’s who.
Visit your local Lakeshore Learning Store for these collections—and more!