by Marni Hughes | Lakeshore Marketing Operations Manager
Nothing warms my heart like having my kids help me prepare for the holidays! This year, we’re celebrating the spirit of giving by making our own colorful wrapping paper and holiday gift tags. My kids certainly can’t wait to get creative and add their own special touches to gifts for family and friends. Just follow these simple instructions to see what your little helpers come up with!
Read More →
Handmade Gift Wrap
You will need:
- Butcher paper
- Color ink pads
- Peel & Stick Jewels, Flexible Foam Shapes and other collage materials
- Cut a large sheet of butcher paper.
- Invite your kids to create handprints all over the paper using the ink pads.
- Decorate with collage materials.
- Wrap gifts any time of the year with one-of-a-kind wrapping paper!
Decorative Gift Tags
You will need:
- Construction paper in a variety of colors
- Markers or crayons
- Crinkle-Cut Craft Scissors
- Glitter, Pom-Poms and other collage materials
- Hole Punch (optional)
- Ribbon or string (optional)
- Provide your kids with plenty of construction paper in a variety of colors. Either set out some paper that is precut into various shapes (e.g., ovals, squares, rectangles, trees, bells, candles) or encourage your kids to use the Crinkle-Cut Craft Scissors to cut their own gift tag shapes.
- Next, have your kids decorate the tags with a variety of collage materials and use the markers to write holiday messages, such as “Happy Hanukkah,” “Season’s Greetings” or “Celebrate Kwanzaa!”
- If desired, punch a hole near the edge of the tag and thread a length of ribbon or string through the tag, or use tape to attach the tag to a holiday gift.
Want more holiday craft ideas? Visit www.lakeshorelearning.com and click on “craft ideas & activities” under resources. Or drop by any Lakeshore Learning Store for Free Crafts for Kids every Saturday between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m.